Join the cause to help local kids fight hunger.
2nd annual "Kids Tackling Hunger for Kids Food Drive & Raffle".
3,200 students in Fond du Lac School District qualify for free or reduced lunch
In the 2013-2014 school year 475 free lunch students will be served
1 bag containing 10 nutritional food items will be sent home with each student for the weekend
To reach our goal, approximately 166,250 food items will need to be collected
Cost of the food for the program is approximately $4.50 per student per week
For this stated school year approximately $80,000 will be needed for food and supplies
2012 Plaque Presentation
2012 Tackling Hunger Food Collectors
Kids tackling hunger for kids.
With over 350, 5th through 8th grade participants, Fondy Junior Football & Cheer has teamed again with the Fondy Food Pantry to bring the 2nd annual "Kids Tackling Hunger for Kids Food Drive & Raffle". Both non-profit organizations bring a proud tradition of teaching the value of helping one another and the importance of giving back.
- 3,200 students in Fond du Lac School District qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Of the 3,200 students, 2,700 qualify for free lunch
- For the 2013-2014 school year, 475 of the above free lunch students will be served
- For the weekend, a bag of 10 nutritional food items will be sent home with each of the above 475 students during the school year
- Approximately 166,250 food items will need to be collected to reach this goal
- Cost of the food for the program is approximately $4.50 per student per week
- For the 2013-2014 school year approximately $80,000 will be needed for food and supplies
Find out more about Food For Thought & the Fondy Food Pantry.
Become a Dropoff
Contact Coach Ron to find out how to get bags, blue bins or grey crates at your organization to collect non-perishable items.
A HUGE Thank You to all the Miron Employees at the Bel Brands Construction Site in Minot South Dakota for donating over 243 pounds of food to "Tackling Hunger 2013"
Help spread the word. Share with your friends and family on Facebook, click the share button below!
Join us at Fat Joes Bar & Grill on September 28th 2013 at 5:00pm for the "Tackling Hunger 2013 Raffle". Tickets for the raffle are $5.00 and can be purchased from any Fondy Junior Football player, coach or parent. We will have over 30 great prizes including a 60" Panasonic HDTV, Pro and College Game Tickets and Green Bay, Milwaukee and Wisconsin Autographed Items.
There will be a $5.00 cover charge for the event and Joe is even donating the cover charge to the Food Pantry! Big Al and Star Six Nine will be playing at the conclusion of the Wisconsin vs. Ohio State football game and all proceeds from this event will go to support Fondy Junior Football programs & the Fondy Food Pantry!
Donate what you can to help
Your donation helps us provide children in your area that are in need with nutritious meals.